Sign in to follow this  
Guest tircq

Need help please !!!

Guest tircq

I have spent the whole day trying several ways & applications to cut off some autogen trees that appears in the middle of a new airstrip I have being bulding as a begginer airp designer.I guess finally made some progress with ExcBuilder cause this one gave me a exclusion file in xml. the code inside reads something like this:<?xml version="1.0" ?> - I put this file inside my project and nothing happens till i found need the help of the famous BGLcompiler... my question is: When you drag the xml to the BGLcompiler where the BGL is suposed to go / end ? were I must look to find the bgl created? or I still missing something ?Is because when i drag the xml to BGLComp some weird black screen appears very fast and dissapear very fast too :SAny advise will be very appreciated :)Regards !Roy.

Hello Roy,In addition to what Jim wrote, you should know that BGLComp excludes are not used for removing autogen trees.You need a vector exclusion, made with SHP2VEC, and/or an airport background (skirting) also made with that same tool.Please see Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X in the Avsim library:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=100997for more information.Best regards.Luis

Guest tircq

Hey Jim thank you very much.... yes I found out the commas dilema around 2 hours & several headaches after the post lol.Luis you are right too i did not use BGLcomp to make the exclusion... I used excbuilder to make the xml and then the BGLcomp to make the final job. I understand excbuilder should made the full process but I guess is for my commas settings under regional settings of XP that not allowd me to make the automated process. I made 2 sucessfull exclusion experiments and the autogen trees finnally dissapear from the runways so I feel some progress at the moment. Luis thank you for the link to SBuild...im going to try it :DRegards !Roy.