Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Why the requirement for FSJetways in Louisville, KY sce...

Guest 4deucer

Recently I was reviewing KSDF,Louisville, KY Standiford Intl (KSDF.zip here at Avsim)by Patrick Finch and noticed that this scenery requires the installation of his FS9Jets.zip. However, when you open up FS9Jetways, the only airports referenced are KIAH, KJAX, and KSTL.How can KSDF utilize jetways designed for different airports?Thanks,

A Jetway does not have to be tied to a airport if the designer so chooses.3rd party Jetways can nest in the Generic scenery and texture folders which make them world global.This is the correct way of doing it if you follow FS9/FSX examples and techniques.By placing something global you do not have to add it over and over again in many different scenery folders like so many do.

I myself just create an "Object Libraries" folder and place all of them in there. That way they are not mixed in with the default object libraries (that by the way are in the Global scenery folder). Although of course it does not matter if third-party libraries are in the same folder as the default, so either way is fine.In addition, I always rename the object libraries since many times they have cryptic names - I give them a descriptive name and add the author's name, making it easier to distinguish them.Best regards.Luis