Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Why does LIRF for FS9 not work in FSX?

Hi Fellas,It says right in the file library "For FS9 only", being the person that I am I thought, well maybe I can get it to work in FSX anyway because I have some knowledge of installing addon scenery. Well it did work, sort of, I added the LIRF folder in FSX Addon Scenery and within that were the appropriate scenery and texture folders with thier assorted .bgl's, afcad, landclass and .bmp's files which are shown here:http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=59757Like I said it sort of worked except I can see 2 levels of tarmac, grass etc. From the outside view I panned the camera above the aircraft and the terrain changed from FSX default to the addon and vise versa when I panned back to ground level, sort of like having 2 AFCAD's working at the same time.Aside from the 2 levels of scenery everything looks great! This is one of the most detailed freeware addons I have ever seen, complete with automatic guidance for aircraft parking at the gates. I would like to get this to work (a)the scenery is amazing and (:( LIRF airport structures are missing from FSX. Can anyone help me out? BTW you owe it to yourselves to have a look at the site: http://www.isdproject.com/Thanks.

\Robert Hamlich/

Well for starters, default LIRF is 4.267m in both FS9 and FSX. ISD changed it to 4.270m in the AFCAD, and then edited the default AP951170.bgl (probably with jabbgl) to match. Of course, you would have to either change the APX51170.bgl file in FSX or place an airport stub with 4.270 in the world scenery folder to fix. But there's probably more to fix than that, including updating the FS9 AFCAD file to FSX standards.scott s..

Hello Scott,Thanks for the reply. I installed JABBGL and compared the AF2_LIRF_FULL_.bgl to APX51170.bgl and found that the addon .bgl had mostly all elevation's set at 4.270m compared to elevations ranging from 4.267m to 195.596m in the FSX .bgl file. I am going to read through the help tab thoroughly and see if I can find anything that will help.The frustrating thing is that the FSX .bgl does not contain any descriptiona connected to the elevations presented so I cannot change the addon .bgl with any certainty.Oh BTW, what did you mean by placing an airport stub with 4.270m in the world scenery folder? I imagine this "stub" would be placed in the Scenery602Scenery folder which contains the APX51170.bgl, correct?Anyhow, I hope you have a second to read through this and help shed some more light on the subject. Thanks again for your help so far.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/