Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

DX9 and Matrox's Next Generation video card featured...

Guest PaulL01

Lots of great information plus screen shots on DX9 and Matrox

Very good article. However as a present owner of G400Max (that I love) I must say that even if this card proves supreme it will most likely be a short-lived supremacy. I just doubt anone can compete with Nvidia in the long run.Michael J.

Keep in mind that many often get confused by 16X. That is equal to 128tap, 16x8=128tap, not 16tap

Guest PaulL01

>Keep in mind that many often get confused by 16X. That is >equal to 128tap, 16x8=128tap, not 16tap No, you seem to be confusing the sampling rate of the antialiasing that has been at 2x and 4x etc. and now as introduced by the new cards like Matrox's at 16x. 8,16.32 and 64tap (as seen in the chart in the Matrox artical)refer to the level of anisotropic filtering that is used to clear up the blurriness as introduced by mipmaping the textures in a rendered scene as veiwed on objects and terrain at distance and high angles to the viewer.If you would like to see the effects of anisotropic filtering have a look via Silicon Graphics here:http://www.dorbie.com/anisotropic.htmlPaul

Hmmm.. cant seem to find the article at the site anymore.. wonder if it has been pulled, since the official date for the release of info was May 14?Jim

Guest PaulL01

>Hmmm.. cant seem to find the article at the site anymore.. >wonder if it has been pulled, since the official date for >the release of info was May 14? >>JimYeah, looks like it got the hook. :( It was however the card was announced in china yesterday.well the best you can do now is link to some of the screen shots here is a 16x AA shot: http://www.ixbt.com/video2/parhelia512/faa...mark_faa16x.jpg

Guest PaulL01

OK, can someone show me how to link to a screen shot on another web page withput the picture showing up?Paul