Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

38m vs 76m mesh resolution in default Vancouver scenery

I'm finding that there are "rocky lines in water" artifacts near Stanley Park when I select 38m resolution in FSX. However, I lose detail on Grouse Mountain if I switch to 76m resolution.Short of buying Vancouver+ which I assume has this fixed, is there any other way I can improve this situation?

Bert

Hello Bert,the easy work-around is to download and install the modified terrain.cfg file available here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=93289 . It won't remove the bump in the water but will prevent FSX's auto-switching from water to rock whereever water is sloped. Be aware though that, should you be using other add-ons that edit the terrain.cfg file, like UT-X, Victoria+, or MegaScenery, then you'll need to run their respective configurators or repair options afterwards to re-install their changes. And, yes, Vancouver+ does fix the odd water bump near Stanley Park, and so much more... ;-)Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the reply, Holger. I had tried the modified terrain.cfg file, but found it ruined my Victoria+ scenery... now I know how to solve that...Frankly, one reason I am hesitating buying the Vancouver+ scenery is that I have just got FSX to work well on my new system, and my worst fear is that I will install enough add-ons to impact the performance i am currently getting.. which would put me into a tail-spin of further tweaking efforts ;-)BTW, what is the default FSX resolution around Vancouver?Is 38m actually the real mesh or does selecting 38m only generate detail that does not really exist? Cheers,

Bert