Sign in to follow this  
Guest kwiki_licky

Questions

Guest kwiki_licky

I'm new to scenery design and have way too many questions. Here goes nothing:1)If I want to release some scenery on the web that depicts real-life businesses or places using default buildings as freeware, do I have to obtain permission from that place first?2)If I make an airport with Airport Design Editor home edition and release it on the web as freeware, do I have to obtain permission from whoever made ADE?3)Is there anyway to create sloped runways with AFCAD 2.21 or ADE, or is it possible to create sloped one by modifing the aiports bgl file?4)Are there any freeware programs for creating AI traffic for FSX, or are there any ways to create some myself without having to acctually write up one of those confusing files that is descibed in the FSX SDK.5)If i create landclass or waterclass using SBuilderX, once I generate the files, where do they go (e.g what folder do I stick them in?)6)Another SBuilderX question. If I create an exclusion rectangle, does it eliminate all scenery within the area, or just default scenery. I'm afraid that if I use one to get rid of some autogen I dont want that it'll take my scenery with it.Thanks for all your help everyone!

Guest kwiki_licky

Woops I forgot something. I have one final question... must be getting irritating for you guys at this point! Ihave Both SBuilderX and FSUIPC 4 installed on my computer. However, when I click on "fly airplane here" in SBuilderX, I get a dialogue box saying "Error comminicating with FSUIPC!" How do I get these two programs to work in conjunction with each other? Do I have to provide a path for SBX?

Hi,>1)If I want to release some scenery on the web that depicts>real-life businesses or places using default buildings as>freeware, do I have to obtain permission from that place>first?That is a difficult one, especially as I am not a lawyer and the law is different in each country. I think formally you would have to do this in most places, but on the other hand if you have modelled it using freely available information then I don't think developers do this in general.>2)If I make an airport with Airport Design Editor home edition>and release it on the web as freeware, do I have to obtain>permission from whoever made ADE?Probably not, but check the manual that comes with ADE. Most programs don't put limitations on what you make, especially when you release it as freeware.>3)Is there anyway to create sloped runways with AFCAD 2.21 or>ADE, or is it possible to create sloped one by modifing the>aiports bgl file?No, the FSX scenery engine does not support sloped runways. If you do not use a XML runway, but some to techniques from the terrain SDK you can create polygons that follow the mesh, so in some cases that can be used for a runway as well.>4)Are there any freeware programs for creating AI traffic for>FSX, or are there any ways to create some myself without>having to acctually write up one of those confusing files that>is descibed in the FSX SDK.I don't know that one.>5)If i create landclass or waterclass using SBuilderX, once I>generate the files, where do they go (e.g what folder do I>stick them in?)All new scenery files you create go in the scenery folder of your project.>6)Another SBuilderX question. If I create an exclusion>rectangle, does it eliminate all scenery within the area, or>just default scenery. I'm afraid that if I use one to get rid>of some autogen I dont want that it'll take my scenery with>it.It will remove all scenery that has a lower priority then the scenery that contains the exclude. Depending on the layer you put the scenery at that can include other addon scenery and the default scenery.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi,>Woops I forgot something. I have one final question... must>be getting irritating for you guys at this point! Ihave Both>SBuilderX and FSUIPC 4 installed on my computer. However, when>I click on "fly airplane here" in SBuilderX, I get a dialogue>box saying "Error comminicating with FSUIPC!" How do I get>these two programs to work in conjunction with each other? Do>I have to provide a path for SBX?Normally that should not be needed. I would suggest you to ask this at the SBuilder forum of the author (at www.ptsim.com).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest kwiki_licky

Thank you so much! You've been of very much assistance!