Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How to make a Landable Helipad?

I am using one of the autogen helipad platform in FSX.But the chopper sinks through the raised helipad.Any suggestions? ThanksManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny,See you have not gotten an answer. First, I am not running FSX, so not sure if the solution is the same as in FS9. In FS9 you basically have to create a small airport runway at the helipad level to make the hardened surface necessary to land the helicopter.See the following thread:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...threadid=51071Hope this helps you,

Hi Rick.Thanks for your response. I went to that link and it didn't quite take me to this subject matter. so I thought I had to register and I tried registring. But it would not accept e-mail from AOL for some reason. Oh well!If I have to use a AFCAD program to build an airport/runway then I have an issue of elevation I would think. Meaning... If folks are using FSGenesis mesh vs default vs megascnery hawaii included mesh etc....right? Or is that not a problem at all?Manny

Manny

yes elevation can be a problem in some areas depending on what mesh you are using. If you posted a scenery you would have to state it was for default, whatever. In some areas, such as an elevated pad on an oil rig out on the ocean, well, should work regardless.Do not think that afcad will do the job for you? The part I saw was a direct but simple xml code. Let me see if I can get that link to the direct post.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...ghlight=helipadIf not, a PM to me of your email, and I can send you a copy of the tutorial.

Rick,Just sent you a PM with my e-mail addy.Manny

Manny