Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

BGL file format specs?

Guest philstix

Hi,I'm trying to write a C++ program to use for flight planning, and I need the program to extract information from BGL files in FS2004 (and perhaps FSX).I've been searching for days, and I've found a lot of comments indicating that many people know how to programmatically extract BGL information, and they discuss it as if the BGL file specs were readily available, but I haven't been able to find anything useful. There are several utilities that extract BGL information, so I know it's possible. I don't want to use one of those utilities, I want to be able to do it myself in my program.Unfortunately, I can't find any up-to-date BGL file format specifications.I've got the BGL Comp SDK, but that doesn't say anything about the structure of BGL files.I've got Winfried Orthmann's PDF, but it's very incomplete and contains errors.I've got Alessandro G. Antonini's BGLXML source code. That refers to some data fields not mentioned in Orthmann's PDF, but there's no explanation of the BGL file structure. I've spent a few hours plodding through the C code but that still leaves far too many ambiguities.If anyone can point me to any useful information on the structure of BGL files, I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks,Phil