Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Should I include an empty Texture folder when uploading a scenery?

I am going to upload an FSX scenery.ZIP file to the AVSIM library. They contain primarily bgls in the scenery folder. I do not have any files in the texture folder.1. Should I leave the empty texture folder in there or should I delete the texture folder?2. Anyone want to QA my zip file and try it once before I upload to AVSIM? I have had two good folks who helped me test this thing but I would like an overall QA from anyone who has uploaded scenery folders to AVSIM library before. Please PM me your e-mail so I can shoot you the ZIP file I am planning to upload. BTW. this look good only with the Mega scenery Hawaii photo scenery package.Thanks again.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>I am going to upload an FSX scenery.ZIP file to the AVSIM>library. They contain primarily bgls in the scenery folder. I>do not have any files in the texture folder.>>>1. Should I leave the empty texture folder in there or should>I delete the texture folder?>>2. Anyone want to QA my zip file and try it once before I>upload to AVSIM? I have had two good folks who helped me test>this thing but I would like an overall QA from anyone who has>uploaded scenery folders to AVSIM library before. Please PM me>your e-mail so I can shoot you the ZIP file I am planning to>upload. BTW. this look good only with the Mega scenery Hawaii>photo scenery package.>>Thanks again.>>Manny> Hi Manny, I asked this very same question in here a month ago. The consensus was "no", if no textures are included you do not need an empty "texture" folder. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thanks Paul.BTW..anyone up for QAing my ZIP file? :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you have any default scenery objects I would. The textures load faster.I place a texture.cfg in it that has this in it:{fltsim} ;remove the curly brakets and use square ones.;fallback.1=..texturefallback.2=........SceneryGlobaltexturefallback.3=............SceneryGlobaltextureThe default textures seem to load faster this way.Joe W.

I don't think including a file with relative paths like that is a good idea, as you do not know where the user will install the scenery. So the relative paths don't have to be right on his machine.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog