Sign in to follow this  
Guest Albatross7107

Keeping AI off certain runways.

Guest Albatross7107

This may be the wrong forum, but it's the closest thing I could see...I am working on an airport, it has 2 runways. One nice and long and wide and lit. The other narrow and short. I also have AI traffic, and the 737's keep wanting to go to the short runway, where the *just* have enough pavement to get off the ground. The two runways are about 20* off from one another, so I'd think IRL the boeings would get sent to the larger rwy.

Guest joe1994

Well, from what I see, you have two options. The first one is that you could completely shorten the small runway so that the 737's have no room at all, but sometimes the AI exaggerate a little. Your second option would be to (if you can, I know most airport creator programs have this option), comepletely close the runway to AI by making it so that there are no takeoffs/landings on either side of the runway, but this wouldn't sound too favorable.

Guest Albatross7107

I should have said, it's FS9 and I'm using AFCADYes I can close it, but then I can't get the ATC to let me on it either (afaik)Shorter wouldn't match the proto-type so that's out.I've been messing with it this evening, so far no luck, but I have discovered that I can't seem to get ANY traffic to use the longer rwy. It is further from the parking and ramps... Is there a minimum angular difference for rwys to make the ATC see them as NOT being equal...

Are you possibly working with KSNA?>>Is there a minimum angular difference for >rwys to make the ATC see them as NOT being equal...>Greater then 7.90 degrees True Runway Heading

Guest Albatross7107

KXTA ...hehe lets see who knows what that is :(Guess I'm stuck then, I can't realign the runways... I'll just keep that shorty "closed for takeoff and landing" but without the marks...