Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

Parking Spots

Guest mz-cd

Hi guys, following on from other topics could some kind soul help me with creating a parking spot on water for a float plane in FSX.I have Instant Scenery and Airport Design Editor.RegardsRichard.

Guest joe1994

This should actaully be fairly simplistic, specifically if you have FSX Deluxe. I will tell you how to do it with and without deluxe, though. If you do have Deluxe, all you have to do is open FSX and slew to the exact position that you want to position the parking spot. If you haved Traffic Toolbox up and working, open it, and select "Traffic Explorer". Then, at the window that pops up, select non-aircraft and then click the coordinates button and when that dialogue opens, select "user aicraft". This wll give you your current decimal coordinates, which is the same coordinate system ADE runs on. It's probaly best to have Notepad open so you can paste the coordinates directly into them. Then cancel out of all the screens, open ADE, create a parking spot, and then paste the coordinates from Notepad into the parking spot info screen. It would probaly be best to make this a "DOCK GA" spot, although I think this has to do with something on land, it makes the most sense. If you don't have deluxe, slew to the spot you want to place the parking, and press SHIFT+Z. Take those coordinates and find a coordinate convertor on the web to convert them into decimal. Then do the same as with Deluxe by pasting them into you parking spot info screen. Another way is to (I believe, but not sure because I use AFCAD to create my airports) open both FSX and ADE at the same time. ADE should display your aircraft's position on screen, from which you can place the spot. This may require FSUIPC that's also available for download. I have a download on AVSIM that has floatplane parking; redtail.zip. It's for FSX nad if you have AFCAD, you can view the airport file and what I did. Sorry if this dosen't make any sense; I have a tendecy to blab on and on and on...

Guest mz-cd

Many thanks.I am going to give it a go this morning.Regards

Guest mz-cd

Hello George, thanks for the reply.Unfortunately I am in the VERY early stages of learning how to create scenery etc in FSX.I have actually e-mailed Joe asking for some help but I'll post my problem here as well on the chance that you or someone can help me.I am trying to create some fictious float plane bases in the Uk, just lake and Loch flying.I have created a "base" on a lake using Instant Scenery and mainly stock FSX items.However I cannot seem to be able to create a NEW but fictious airport using ADE hence I cannot add a parking spot.One of my problems is that I CAN do things when explained simply but a lot of the terminology I just don't understand. If you get my meaning.I know that when I have done it once I'll be OK but it's doing it the first time that is causing me confusion.RegardsRichard

>>However I cannot seem to be able to create a NEW but fictious>airport using ADE hence I cannot add a parking spot.>Before starting ADE, you need to gather some information:The latitude, longitude and height of the centre of you floatplane base.Start ADE and select "File/New Airport", fill in the details and click on "Save". You will be presented with a blank canvas apart from the airport reference point. You will then need to add a runway, taxiways and parkng spots.Note, the runway and taxiways will need to have a texture of concrete and a width of zero to ensure that they will not be visible in FSX.Note also, that AI floatplanes need to have 'wheels', well, wheel contact points. Download ai_float.zip from the Avsim library for more information.If you have any problems with ADE, please post at http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95 where I'm sure you will get every assistance.George

Guest mz-cd

Thanks George,I have applied for registration to the FSDeveloper forum but am still waiting after 3 days to hear from them for activation?Anyway you could ask for me.Regards