Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

FS9 util.dll crash?

I installed 9Dragons scenery.If I start at KDTW and move (world, go to airport) to VHHX = OKIf I then try to go to another airport (KJFK eg.) the sim will not load KDTW, instead I get an error box, util.dll problem.Same thing happens if I just exit from while at VHHX. FS9 shuts down and then I get the error about 1 minute after it shuts down.I tried the fixes others had posted but no luck.I thought you guys might be able to shed some light on things I might check to get an error free install of 9Dragons.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

HiDid you get to the bottom of this problem?I have just posted a similar issue in the main FS9 forum.I found I could prevent the CTD by setting traffic slider at 0% Peter

Peter Schluter

Peter,No answer yet.But I bet others may soonoer or later notice the same thing.I will copy my original question here and let it join your recent post in FS9 ... maybe someone will answer us on this issue.

Best Regards,

In case you are not up to date on this issue, the 9Dragons team is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.Be patient - I am sure they will have a fix in the near future.Stay tuned.

Opa,Thanks for the follow up.I did see the info in the FS9 post, thanks.Actually, I posted this and other issues in the original "announcement" post/threads that told 9Dragons was now available.I spent "hours" trying to figure out what I did wrong on the installation or what was wrong with my PC.I never got an answer to my questions and could not get resolution information from other sources ... so I "gave up" and uninstalled 9Dragons for the time being. Had I known early on that they knew about the problem and were working on a fix it would have saved me a lot of time and anxious moments.The authors did a wonderful job on 9Dragons .... it actually released with very few installation or operational/technical problems.

Best Regards,