Sign in to follow this  
Vauban

EHAM scenery confuses ILS

Hi all, after installing EHAM Schiphol V3 (px_afcad_v3.zip) from the AVSIM library, I find I can no longer capture the localiser on what is now 18C and on the new 18R, and maybe on other rwys, too. Capturing 18C, for example, entering from the right (loc on my left), I see the magenta indicator to the right when it should be to the left. But the loc captures anyway and turns me initially onto the selected course of 184, but then turns me left to seesaw a couple of degrees either side of 162. No sign of a glide slope. Feeling I might be looking at a backcourse, I tried the same runway from the opposite direction. The ILS brought me down perfectly, capturing the LOC and the G/S. I landed right on the threshold - but at the wrong end of the rwy! I uninstalled the scenery and it fixed the problem, except that I no longer have the missing runway. I want to reinstall it but I need some tips for looking for the source of the problem. Appreciate any help. Thanks Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

The default FS9 runways are 01 with a L/R and 19 with a R/L. The designer of that AFCAD renumbered those 2 runways to 18 with a L/C and 36 with a R/C and then reversed their direction.This breaks all the ILS Localizers and all the approach code. ATC and the User Plane radio no longer understands what runway localizer IDENT belongs to what runway.You cannot renumber a runway in FS9/FSX that has a default Localizer unless the approach code is rewritten in XML format using the correct deleteAll= attribute and compiled using the proper BGLComp compiler.

Ok Jim - many thanks for explaining that. There's NL2000 out there for the Netherlands - I'll take a look at that.CheersGeoff

Geoffrey Kent