Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

Barrier in SBX

Guest mz-cd

Hi all,can someone help me with this small problem.I am making great strides with SBX mainly by trial and error but am getting there.Using SBX I have flattened and excluded autogen on the shore of a lake.Thats fine.Following the real world terrain I need to create a short channel which leads to a small inland body of water.And that is fine too, HOWEVER despite using a variety of polygons I keep getting a land barrier across the entrance to the channel. The barrier is the same colour as the rest of the shore line and is at water level.Help!!!RegardsRichard

>Hi all,can someone help me with this small problem.>I am making great strides with SBX mainly by trial and error>but am getting there.>Using SBX I have flattened and excluded autogen on the shore>of a lake.>Thats fine.>Following the real world terrain I need to create a short>channel which leads to a small inland body of water.And that>is fine too, HOWEVER despite using a variety of polygons I>keep getting a land barrier across the entrance to the>channel. The barrier is the same colour as the rest of the>shore line and is at water level.>>Help!!!>>Regards>Richard I experienced some unexplained anomalies when creating sloped flattens to blend the airport background elevation terrain into the surrounding terrain elevation. I found these "mounds" were developing on the QMID 17 boundries and after ALOT of trial and error experimenting I found that I needed to use multiple flatten polys instead of one or two large ones. You might try creating a number of smaller flatten polys with multiple points set to the desired elevation in the area where you are having the problems. I've not done any modifications involving water, however, so your situation could be something entirely different. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest mz-cd

Thanks Paul,I'll give it a go.I have managed to get rid of the barrier by drawing a polygon and excluding "shoreline! but it has given me very straight lines.I'll try your suggestion.RegardsRichard