Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

KDEN Scenery dia2k4v1.zip

Hi, I have Harald Krause's Kden Scenery dia2k4v1.zip for fs2004 and am wondering if anyone know what to do to fix this problem, There are taxiway signs all over the airport, this is great but when you start to taxi to 34L there are none, and Runway 34R is just labeled 34, is there any way I can fix this? Is there another scenery I could use that would have these signs? I have seen Gary Widup's scenery but did not want to use it because the gate selection in "go to airport" or "airport selection" is kind of messed up, Is there a way to fix Gary's? I am also using megacity denver, I own Imaginesim but don't like to use it because of the framerates and the freeze whenever you get near the airport.Thanks For ANY Help.Anthony

I use Jim Vile's "AFCAD" files kden__ils_v2.0.zip along with Gary Widup's dia2004v11.zip and it seems to work OK, but I don't really fly there so maybe there are problems.scott s..

Hello Anthony,You can remove the taxiway signs using one of the FS X airport design programs. Try: - Jon Masterson's Airport Design Editor, that you will find at http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/ - ZBlue Software's FSX Planner at http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplannerOnce you have excluded the signs, you can easily create new ones with the same program.You can also change the gates in the other scenery using the same, if you wish.Best regards.Luis

I forgot to mention that I am using fs9, I don't know if there is a software for that but right now that program is sounding pretty good. Is it difficult to do? Also in Gary's Scenery there are signs but they are gigantic, I was in a cirrus and they are bigger than my aircraft, I taxi to the other side of the airport and they are normal. I really like dia2k4v1 except for the taxi signs, also how can I tell if the ils approaches are working correctly?Thanks for the Help guys, I have been waiting for someone to help me.

Hello Anthony,For FS 9, you can use ExcBuilder (in the Avsim library) to remove the taxiway signs. You will need some other program to make new signs, however.As for the ILS, I suppose that you can check with a chart if you want to verify that they work correctly.Best regards.Luis

I don't know how to make new signs, I know how to use photoshop and I could change the textures or whatever but I wouldn't know what to do after that. Could you help me, If I remove all of the signs how does that help? I just want to add some signs to areas that don't have them I want to keep the existing ones though.thanksAnthony

It will be tough to figure out, Could you walk me thru exactly what I need to install? Is this software safe? I am just worried about everything now because I just recovered from a virus and had to reinstall everything.Thanks ScottAnthony

What I do is install SceneGenXhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/airportsupport/download.htmGet build 61 full install.After installing and setup of paths, you can use the "import default airport" to pull in the default airport. Save this for future reference. The main window will look something like this (detail)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184258.jpgYou need to create an exclusion rectangle set to exclude all taxi signs.Then remove the default runway and taxiways (actually I get rid of all the stuff that "afcad" can do by editing the project file, which is a text file.) Then import the afcad file from the new scenery. After I did that, it seems like all the default taxisigns are in the right place (or at least most of them -- I did not look super close) so probably what needs to be done is to edit the signs at the runways that change designation and then create new signs for 16R 34Lhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184311.jpgWhen you are done you can get rid of all the afcad stuff again so just the main airport entry and the taxisisgns are left, then compile it.scott s..

Okay Scott, I haven't had any time to work on it until now so I installed the software and I don't understand what to do next, Thanks for the helpAnthony

Scott,I have explored the program a little bit, but when I import a default airport it says it imported it but there is nothing on the black screen but the lat and long lines, also I can't search some .bgl files, I get an error saying "Error in BGLScanandList Routine 63 Bad record number."I don't know what to do to fix these problems.ThanksAnthony

I have seen something like that happen and I was able to fix by deleting all the AP9 files from the scan database, and then rescan them all (IIRC KDEN is in NAMC, so you could rescan all those. To get the airport buildings you also need the OB9NAMC files. There is also an airport for windows forum on fltsim.com which sometimes can help with errors. SGX is not bug free by any means so don't feel bad.scott s..