Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

New blender export scripts to make MDL files

Guest ziporama

I saw a new script by Jonathan Harris to import/export FSX MDL files from within Blender. I haven't tried it, the notes indicates no support yet for attach points or animations. Given that Blender is open-source, this may be yet another way to create models for FSX.Link from:http://www.scenery.org/design_utilities_gmax.htmDownload from:http://mysite.verizon.net/tdgsr/downloads/...der2FSX_010.zipBlender site:http://www.blender.org/Cheers,Etienne

Guest Jorge Antunes

I guess that nobody here uses Blender to develop FS content...BTW, a new version is coming which Jonathan , aka Marginal, says will import and export FS9 files, and support attach points and platforms. :D

Guest Tiberius1250

Hi guys, first post over here for me. Been into FS for a few years but been out of the loop for quite a while now.Anyhow, I've got some repaints for AI aircraft I did back in 2003, planning a retro project for a local airport to use them. Thing is I'm into 3D modelling but use mostly Max and now Blender, haven't touched Gmax for a few years, don't remember much about it...would much prefer to stick with Blender which I'm familiar with. I'm still on FS9, it says on the link that the exporter is for FSX MDL files, anybody have any idea whether it'd work on FS9 ones?My idea would be to create all the scenery objects and terrain and UV them in Blender, export as MDL and then somehow compile them into the BGL with another program (clouded memories of creating Gmax buildings in FS2002). Not sure if I'm along the right lines here or whether it's even possible to do the terrain in Blender, seems I've got a lot to catch up on and learn..Any help appreciated.Cheers, Bruce.

Guest Tiberius1250

Hi, thanks for the reply :)Started building the scenery in Blender a while ago, going to have a look around to see how to do things as in objects and terrain. This airport has a dock with runway through the middle which I'd like to be modelled, being a newbie in designing scenery for FS I'm not realy sure about the correct way to do this, getting my modelled dock objects to match up with the existing terrain etc.The modelling's not a problem, just stitching everything together and getting it to work at the FS end :)Regards, Bruce.