Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Need help from GMAX folks

I need a white ball object for a freeware scenery I am working on.And maybe even a White building with white roof..a simple building that I could use by resizing them.But if someone can whip up a white ball and let me know how I can add it as a library object. Mind you I would be distributing them as part of my freeware scenery with due credit to the author ofcourse!For these kinds of objects.http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/smc_hist/Kaena.jpgIf you don't have the time to do this...if you can at least guide me in the right direction, I would much appreciate it. I looked at the "Beginner's Guide to Scenery Design" thread. Not sure how much of it is related to the FSX SDK. I would prefer staying with FSX SDK tools and methods....since I am just starting out.ThanksManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I can try to create it for you. Do you want the building / white ball to have texture or do you want it to be pure white?

Thanks Joey. Bless your heart!:)Pure white would just do fine. But I don't know if "texture" is lot more work or if its going to add much more value than pure white. S0.. I am grateful for pure white and the basics.ThanksManny

Manny

Ok, i made that ball- It only took me 30min. I added two textures to it so it looked cooler:-) Should I email the bgl file and the textures? Here is a picture of what it looks like:

>Ok, i made that ball- It only took me 30min. I added two>textures to it so it looked cooler:-) Should I email the bgl>file and the textures? Here is a picture of what it looks>like:>>Joey, Its perfect.. But for the color. Is it possible to make it pure white? That looked grey.And yes..please e-mail it to me with some instructions in how I can add it as a library item? I would be using it in different sizes and so many times.:)MAnnyPS: let me PM my e-mail addy

Manny

Ok, lets see - I can either make the texture look more white or i can just remove the texture totally. I think you would want a texture though because it looks way better with one. What do you say?

I am taking a guess. A texture thats more white would do fine. But I don't know how an object without any texture would look like.:)Manny

Manny

ok, I made the texture look more white. It looks pretty white in game so i think it should be fine. I will email you the files now. Good luck on creating the mission. I am undergoing the same process right now of creating a mission.

Got your e-mail and your attachments Joey. I'll try it and let you know..Thanks a million times!:)Manny

Manny

Hee hee! Thanks Sipos.I am an avid Golfer too. For last thanksgiving I had gone to San Fransisco and went to Pebble Beach at Monterey Bay. And All I could think was.. when would Megacenery come up with Nor cal and how if someone could build a scenery that could capture the beauty of that place.MAnny

Manny

Manny that looks real good (and also kudos to Joey)I am really ready for the FAA radar on top of Mt Ka'ala.scott s..