Sign in to follow this  
Guest ESAbolichin

Problem with water masking and layers maybe....

Guest ESAbolichin

Hi everyboy fist congratulations for your fantastic forums and helping for the newbies like me ;)let's go with my problem...I try to develope one narrow area of land rounded by water with salt mines, close to LELC airport on Spain. I think it, for FS2004 and I use the SDK terrain for developing the textures, no seasonal variation. all the process work fine...But the problem appears when I edit the image for make the water masking.(0 for water and 255 for land on alpha) When I overfly the area close, no problem and the texture is showed fine, but a certain distance the texture change and some extrange portion of land is show. The problem not happend if no alpha channel is changed to water.

Guest ESAbolichin

Hola Luis, I try to explain a little more.1.- The scenery is an ortophoto of the area processed with SDK2004 resample.exe.2.- If I not apply water masking the problem not appears.3.- The watermasking is applied with the channel alpha of the tile, as explain in SDK doc ( 0 for water and 255 for land ).4.- The problem is that sometimes the area is good represented but some times some square of land appears over the phototexture.5.- I just had the idea that the phototexture layer always is over other layer (landclasses or VTP) but this is not true in that case.Some pics of the problem... imagine on motion, the tile with no sense is show or not show and it's seems that depend on distance to tile.Thx in advance....http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j94/ESAb...th_fsscr534.jpghttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j94/ESAb...th_fsscr535.jpgJose Ramon RodriguezValencia.SpainAGAvirtual

Guest ESAbolichin

>sounds like it could be a mipmap issue... maybe manual>editing of the mips may help?Yes!!!! that is the solution to the problem... for some reasom the DXTBmp loose the checking for the mipmap saving and I didn't see it.I'm very very comfused with the problem, and I dont have explanation for that, so thx very much for you help now works fine ... Jose Ramon RodriguezValencia.SpainAGAvirtual