Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Help needed: photorealistic sceneries on top of each ot...

I am trying to combine several photorealistic sceneries - a large one with a relatively low resolution and a scenery with higher resolution that covers an area which is considerably smaller.Preferrably, the smaller, but more detailed scenery will be on top of the larger one. But unfortunately, the less detailed, but larger scenery overrules the other scenery that has a higher resolution.Is therey any way to assign priority to the smaller scenery?This is my first posting and I solemnly swear that I did search the web before posting this question.Best regardsHolger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is this in FS9 or FSX. I did a test in FSX sp1, and the high resolution photo did display, regardless of scenery priority level. The low res (source 3.7m per pixel) was done with FSX resample LOD auto resulting in LOD 5 - 13 being created. The high res (source 0.91m per pixel) was done identically resulting in LOD 5 - 15. But I noticed a black line around 3 sides of the hi res image. I think I've seen some complaints in fsdeveloper.com about photo problems. Maybe sp2 fixes it, or perhaps with blending. For FS9, without trying It seems like there isn't any way to do it, since I think all resample output would be a straight LOD13 regardless of source data used. You have to use methods other than resample in fs9, such as VTP poly with custom texture or textured ground polys.Here is a sample of the test in FSX, you can see the black line:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184058.jpgscott s..