Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

Nvidia 8800GT sky issue

Guest planeman223

Hello all,The problem I am having is quite simple. After tweaking my new card and getting my FPS just right I have but one more issue with the result. The sky has lines running through it. Almost like the colors will not blend but rather fade in stripes to a darker shade of blue (or yellow if the sun is setting). I hope I have described my problem in enough detail for you guys. I am wondering which setting I need to adjust in order to smooth out my sky.Core Duo 5000 black series processor2 gig I will GREATLY appreciate any help.Thanks, Alex

Guest cbuchner1

It's called banding and it occurs in 16 bit display modes.Yes, 16 bit renders faster but there are two issues:- banding effects (e.g. in the sky)- Z fighting (polygon flickering in the distance) due to the lower precision Z buffer

Guest planeman223

My computer is operating in 32 bit. Does that make sense for it to be doing that?

He's not talking about your operating system.Your tweaking has set the color quality to 16 bit. Set it back to 32 bit color. The sky will look better but you will lose a few FPS.K