Sign in to follow this  
Guest Albatross7107

Help with an approach code (XML)

Guest Albatross7107

I'm attaching an image. Using ILS&GPS Approach Creator as a starting point,I've managed to add way points and connect them making transitions for an approach.All is well and good, but... The one I outline on the diagram. THe first version is what I have (Actually it's a little off, as the path goes from west to east and makes a "jug handle" north of the waypoint.)The short leg to the north at the top of the diagram is the one that connects to the runway.I'd like to make it so that you go DUE EAST and then make a turn to intercept the waypoint, that would put you pretty much in line for the runway.As is stands it can be flown, but it makes for a 2G turn @ 140knts to get around to the localizer in time to land! It looks to me like the arc I *want* is more or less whats done in real life. (There's no approach plates for the prototype airport >_< )Anyone know how to do this?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184890.jpg

Guest odog1999

Is there a particular reason it has to be that way (e.g. terrain)? Your easiest option from that left-most waypoint would be a transition direct the waypoint in the lower-right corner (assuming the approach goes from bottom to top in your diagram), with a HA (hold to altitude) and then join the localizer with the lower-right fix being the IF.Your next option would be a VI or CI (heading/course to intercept next leg). That would have them start turning as soon as they are within a certain distance of the next waypoint and round out the turn.

Guest Albatross7107

Flights don't go to the lower right corner, I know that for sure. I think your second description would be what I need.Your assumption is correct about the approach, it's to a RWY32. The northern waypoint is almost on top of the OM for that runway.Can you think of any existing approaches in FS9 that are like that? If you can, I'd be able to decompile it on my end and then study the code to figure out how it's done. (That's how I've been learning it so far, I added missed approach legs to the ILS approaches)It has to be this way due to terrain, restricted air space, and other hazards.

Guest Albatross7107

Unfortunatly that's not what I see on the limited data I can find. I could add a waypoint, but since I'm not seeing one, and I am seeing that indirect course with a turn at the end I want to do that in FS9 - IF it's possible.If not, then I will add that other waypoint like you show.

Guest Albatross7107

Well I did it. While searching I read about wild approaches to MMMX, so I fied up FS9 and looked at them in the GPS. Sure enough ILS 05 via SMO was pretty much what I wanted, so I used LWMViewer to check which BGL was loaded for MMMX, grabbed the APxxxxxx.bgl file and decompiled it with XML2BGL (from ScruffyDuck).I was then able to find the code and adapt it to my purposes...(See image)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184974.jpg

Looks good. I looked at MMMX in FSX_PLanner and see there is an FD-VI sequence from SMO. That's what you used?scott s..

Guest Albatross7107

Yeah, unfortunatly I have NO CLUE was FD or VI mean, I just know it came out as what I wanted.Do you (or anyone for that matter) know where one can find out what those letters at least STAND FOR, if not what they actually mean? I've seen the SDK and the link, and I'm not paying that kind of money just to find out.... :(;