Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

Don't know where to start.

Guest mz-cd

Hi all,I have got along fine with SBX and have enjoyed using it.However I wish to be able to do the same in FS9.I have installed Sbuilder [latest version] with no problems.However I just don't know where to start.Like how do I get a background image similar to SBX?I have read loads of stuff until my head is spinning, there is just so much.I really need to use SB for flattening, excluding autogen and adding land class textures.Would some kind soul please help or at least point me to an easy to read and understand tutorial.RegardsRichard.

Hello Richard,You will have to provide the background image yourself - there is no option to get images from Google. However, you can just use SBuilderX if you want - simply create an image from the background, SBuilderX will generate the photo and the text file containing its coordinates, and you can use that as a background in SBuilder for FS 9.Best regards.Luis

Guest mz-cd

I just knew I could rely on you Luis, many thanks.I'm sure I shall be back again.As I said I have got along great with SBX in the most part, there are still a couple of things I haven't been able to do, but I am sure I will get there eventually.RegardsRichard.

Guest mz-cd

I said I would be back Luis.OK I have gone to my location in Virtual Earth in SBX and taken a picture with quickshot.I do not inderstand how to get that picture into SBuilder.RegardsRichard

Glad to see you back, Richard.No need to take a screenshot with another utility - simply use SBuilderX to generate the screenshot.Follow the normal SBuilderX steps to create photo-scenery, that is:- load the Virtual Earth location in SBuilderX- go to menu File - Add map from background- use selection rectangle to specify the area you wish, and also choose zoom level- SBuilderX will create a bitmap with an accompanying text file in the Tools/Work folder- in SBuilder for FS 9, click on Map icon to add a background image- click anywhere in SBuilder for FS 9 workspace to place image and call up file dialog- select the bitmap that was created by SBuilderX-SBuilder for FS 9 will load this image and indicate that "you may need to calibrate"- you do NOT need to calibrate so just click OK to exit calibration dialog- presto, you now have a calibrated Virtual Earth background in SBuilder for FS 9.Don't hesitate to ask if anything is not clear.Best regards.Luis

Guest mz-cd

OK Luis, have got that sorted.Now all I have to do is work out how to use the polygons.I need to be able to exclude autogen, flatten and add land class,any ideas as to the best way to go about this?RegardsRichard.

Guest mz-cd

OK Luis, I have managed a few things but it will not compile an BGL all I seem to have is a VTPX.scm and a VTPP.scm ?I'm obviously going wrong somewhere.Richard