Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

Custom landclass texture question

Hi all,I've modified one of the generic landclass textures -bare desert number 002- and want to use it only in my local scenery.Using SBuilderX, I've compiled a cvx-type bgl and put it into Addon SceneryScenery folder. Also put into Addon SceneryTexture folder the complete set of 002 modified textures (ie 002b2su1,..su2,..hw1, etc), and indeed my region is within B boundaries.The problem is, on textured polys (not landclass tiles) I still see the original bare desert texture instead of the modified version existent in the local texture folder.Is there a need for another bgl to correct this, or maybe it is not possible to achieve?Thank youTom

Hi Tom,there's a bit of an odd prerequisite for this to work: your polygon needs to be covered by a custom land class file that resides in the same scenery folder as your cvx file. What classes you use for the land class file doesn't matter. However, FSX will search for the textures of that land class file in your parallel texture folder. Unlike FS9 this won't cause memory leaks but it does show up as a read error log in Filemon and may lead to micro stutters (if your project area covers more than just a few sq km).An alternative approach is to place your class 002 as land class and then draw polys along the outer edges where you don't want desert, using the surrounding land class for those polys. The visual result is the same as placing a desert poly but it avoids the requirement for the additional land class file.Hope that makes sense.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,Thank you. The alternative approach works fine, but in my case it would be preferable to use the first solution.Now, what kind of bgl do I need to place? Can I include more than one custom lc in it? And how do I create this bgl? :-)Thanks again,TomPS: I believe SbuilderX has a (custom?) Class definitor in the project's properties (asks for a color, etc) but I still need to figure out how it works.