Sign in to follow this  
fulfern

Red pylons at airports

Hi all,I would like to modify, or at least repaint, those bright red pylons that populate some airports (see for example LIMC).Any suggestion?Thanks in advanceRegardsFulvio

Hello Fulvio,Do you mean the radio antennae? I think that the texture is in the Global scenery folder.Best regards.Luis

Luis,I don't mean the red/white antenna, I mean this one (please see the attached screen shot taken at LIMC)BTW, I've also tried to find the object in FSX object library (url below)http://lc0277.nerim.net/sceneobjects/but I wasn't able to find itOddly enough, not all the airports have these pylons.If you have an idea, thanks in advance.CheersFulvio

Very sorry, Fulvio, your attachment does not seem valid. Could you please try attaching the screenshot again, not as a zip file, but as a jpeg?Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,please find the screenshot again (the original image has been resized, before the bmp/jpeg conversion, to comply with the 150K forum attachment limit).ThanksFulvio

Hello Fulvio,There are 2 objects there, the radio antenna and a tech shack at its base.The radio antenna is mostly underground and is raised using the altitude parameter depending on the height desired.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186191.jpgNotice the top of the antenna and compare it to your screenshot.You can find the texture in the FS X Global scenery folder if you want to change it.Best regards.Luis

Luis,thanks a lot.oddly enough, I've browsed all the "texture" and "sceneryworldtexture" folders without finding any clue or viable texture.Could it be that the antenna, which is solid red, is just textured with a single color taken from a "sample" texture (like the old vod textures..., it seems an "old 256 color palette" red.)?What do you think?CheersFulvio

Hello Fulvio,Please try "radio01.dds" - this should be the texture.I imagine that there is really a glide slope antenna there next to the runway, so perhaps it would just be better to exclude the radio antenna and place another default model. There is supposed to be a default ils transmitter - {73286269-0380-11d3-9c85-00105a0ce62a}- but I don't know if it displays anything. Or you could try one of the other antennae - {c545a270-e2ec-11d2-9c84-00105a0ce62a}:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186286.jpgBest regards.Luis