Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Adding Texture Polygons To Photo Scenery?

So far I have not found a way to place a textured polygon on top of a photo scenery. Such polygons are never visible even though they are in a scenery folder at the highest Scenery Library priority. I am led to believe that any vector or raster elements are not allowed by Microsoft when placed on top of photo scenery.A more detailed description of my objective is this example. Place a "sloping" polygon, textured with asphalt, as an apron in at an airport displayed with photo scenery. The tool I would use is SBuilderX. I have tried setting the elevation of the polygon to zero, above the mesh elevation and below it. It simply does not appear. Therefore, I suspect that this type of process is prohibited for some reason. However, there is always hope since I am no expert. Thus I am hoping that there is some way to texture an area in a photo scenery with either polygons or line elements.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Dick,in FS9 one could place photoreal tiles as VTP2 poly fills and thus allow for VTP2 vector/poly overrides. That's not the way photoreal is supposed to work in FSX but that feature may still be available; haven't checked myself.The other option I can think of is to use an Alpha blending mask to "carve out" the area in your original photoscenery file you want to have displayed as sloping apron in the sim. FSX allows for two blending masks at the same time, water and background. Check the SDK for the process on this.Cheers, Holger