Sign in to follow this  
Guest S1mPilot

Would anyone please make a photorealistic 400 acre grou...

Guest Lith1um

Would anyone please make a photorealistic 400 acre ground texture for me?The area I'm intested in is the place where I work as a crane operator, The Port of Wilmington, Delaware. It's roughly 400 acres, located .5 miles NW of the Delaware Memorial Bridge on the Christina River. It's 3 miles NE of KILM, directly in the approach path to KPHL. I'd like to have someone create a photorealistic texture of the facility and place it in FSX for me. Afterwards I intend to place scenery objects using Instant Scenery and upload the entire thing to the library here. I'm sure many people fly in and out of Philly, and some of them might like to have a local landmark. I'd be glad to pay a small gratuity by paypal if anyone is interested in doing this.If it works out, I might like to do the port area just north of KPHL. I wish someone made an all in one utility to create photo tiles with a few simple clicks.Thanks!Tony

Hello Tony,In fact, somebody has made "an all in one utility to create photo tiles with a few simple clicks" - it is called SBuilderX and you can find it in the Avsim library.To learn how to use it to make photo-realistic ground textures, please see Make photo-real ground textures in Flight Simulator X, also in the library:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=112595It is extremely easy and quick, and does not require any complex knowledge of scenery design.As to distributing the ground textures, if you use copyrighted images, you will most likely have to obtain some sort of license from the owner of the images.Best regards.Luis

Guest Lith1um

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for life.Thanks Luis.I got off my butt and learned how to do it. Looks pretty cool in the sim, still need to figure out water and blend masks.Have a good day!Tony

Guest Lith1um

Thanks again, I'm happy with my first results.2008-3-16_19-33-41-208.jpg

Looks pretty good. the hardest part is getting a good color match with the default (or in my case GEXn) textures. I did some looking around and see the USGS has some Philadelphia hi-res imagery of the area that will produce 60cm resolution texture file.Next you need a night variant and probably a snow (hard winter) and you will be in business.scott s..

I am surprised he got a nice resolution image. I have never been able to get such a high resolution image. My home airport 52F (North west regional) 20miles NW of DFWManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest S1mPilot

Thanks guys.I've worked at that place since 1986. I operate those blue harbour cranes and some mobiles.