Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How do I get taxiways to show up?

Hi. I have been updating an old FS2000 airport (Chennai, VOMM) for FS2004, adding new terminals, jetways, an new AFCAD etc. etc.I am not really what I (or anyone else!) would call an expert in this and although I think what I have done so far is fine, I am now at the limits of my knowledge. I have edited the old Chennai.bgl file with SCASM, removing various objects, but as with so many of these older sceneries, any taxiways made in AFCAD2 do not show up in the actual airport: the large homogeneous concrete apron covers everything up. Even if I delete all the references to concrete.r8 in the sca file, I get bare ground, but still no taxiways: creating a concrete apron in AFCAD2 doesn't show either, nor does a turning apron I made at the end of the runway.I am sure people here are familiar with this scenario - and I'd much appreciate it if, assuming it is possible, someone could help me fix this.Thanks!Martin

Hi Martin,The old style ground polygons that were used in FS2000 do cover any XML scenery element, as you create with AFCAD. So the only way to see them it to completely remove those ground polygons (taxiways, aprons, grass, everything). Just removing the reference to the texture in the SCASM file does not remove the actual polygon.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I'll have to be more brutal with the sca/bgl file than I thought then. I'll try again and let you know how I get on!Thanks