Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Anyone prepared to make this airport for FS9?

I'd do it myself - in fact I've wasted days trying, but find when it comes to the crunch my technical skills fail me: lots of frustration and few results! I did upload a fully updated scenery for VOMM to AVSIM the other day, but starting from scratch is another matter.The airport in question is VCBI, Colombo Bandaranaike. International airport, capital city: but I don't think there's ever been any scenery for it for any version of FS. What a pity.Well, worth a post, just in case the suggestion may 'tickle the fancy' of anyone with more expertise than I have! I live in hope.Thanks folks.Martin :-)

Generally, Martin, the majority of us, I assume, work on projects that are of interest to us. Either they are in the area where we live, or fly, or parts of the world that we find fascinating.So, unless you come across somebody who shares your interest in that airport wherever it is, it will be rare for scenery requests to be answered.When you come down to it, you are the best person to tackle that project, since you are perhaps the only person in the world who wants it. We all had trouble at first and found scenery design too difficult but with perseverance and time it all becomes much easier.Best regards.Luis

Not impossible that someone from Sri Lanka reads this I suppose, or that someone else would be interested. I did manage to create an airport for VOMM (on AVSIM), or at least substantially update an old version for FS2004, so it's not impossible for me. I had so many problems and wasted so many hours on Colombo airport though that I gave up in frustration - maybe I'll try again at some stage even so...M. :-)

Hey Martin,I'm currently working on CYHZ, Halifax Intl. (Canada) scenery for FS9... from scratch as well. The AFCAD and the basic terrain design is complete. I got a few problems with Gmax though which I use for 3D airport buildings. Hopefully I'll be able to upload my work on AVSIM pretty soon but it's not a rush business so I'd better wait more... Listen, maybe I can help you with your "project"? Just drop me an email to i.simmer@yahoo.com and let me see what I can do!Hope to hear from you soon!Rustam

Regards,

Victor Quebec