Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

Fence placement

Guest Jet Ranger

Can anyone tell me or explain exactly how to place fences I have the finneyground crosshairs with the fence but no matter where I put it or line it up, the panel just will NOT line up with my other panels, whats the secret in placing these things its driving me mad!

Which tool are you using and for which version of FS?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Jet Ranger

Im Using RWY12 & for FS9

It is very difficult to do by hand. There is a tool in my Library Object Manager that will generate fences of any length using RWY12 or other fence objects. It uses an algorithm to start one panel immediately on the previous one. However be aware that there is a certain amount of effort to get LOM set up and if you only want to place a few panels you might not feel it worth the effort

Hi JetRangerDigging back into my annals of history when I created CYVR5, I found a very useful technique was to use AFCAD to create an apron whose outside boundary was along the fence perimeter, ie the apron nodes coincided with the fence nodes. I cannot remember the full details now, but you had to delete the closing coordinates so as to have an open fence at each end. Sure saved a lot of work trying to fix each node of the fence.The following link may help you, my entries are towards the end of the message.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/archive/i...php/t-4651.htmlNigelVancouver