Sign in to follow this  
Team_P3DSpacePort

GMAX texturing problem

Guest jalt001

I just finished my first object in GMAX. (I assume a Ph.D. will be arriving in the mail.) I still have some polishing to do, but I'm stuck.I am having a problem with a disappearing texture on the underside of an overhanging roof. I made the roof with a plane and checked "2 sided" as shown in attachment 1. This works to texture both sides in GMAX as shown in attachment 2. But when I make it into a bgl and load it into FS9 the underside of the texture doesn't show up (attachment 3). Help would be greatly appreciated.

The 2-sided button doesn't work in FS2004. Instead, preface your material name with 'ds_'That's the material which is currently called 'Copy Of Mt#1' in your first screenshot.Godzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz

Guest jalt001

Wow! Thanks! I worked for about 8 hrs on that.

Hi,A quick addendum question on that... if I use a "shell" modifier with "0" for thickness, that works as well. Performance wise, does ds_ switch tell the compiler to create a second side during MDL creation? that would make it equivalent to shell command. Or is it a command to renderer to treat that poly as a double sided? (which would be preferable, since the model would be smaller)

P3D SpacePort Team