Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

LOD Extents Calculator

Hi all.Here's a handy program to get the containing boundries of a lat-long location. It will return the LOD5 -> LOD9 boundries. Very useful for Ground2K,G2k4, Sbuilder and SBuilderX.Using a GIS program for data or images, is made easier as it easily calculated exact extents, or oversized extents.This gadget is very useful with the tile gathering/combining features found in programs such as those found at AllAllsoft.comLEC:http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/LEC.zipDick

Guest jsvw2001

Dick, thanks for another useful utility!!!It is working great and I can now discard my complicated Excel worksheet!Johan

Thanks very much, Dick, as usual. We can always count on you for helpful tools.I did not know AllAllsoft.com at all, very interesting. What advantages do you see compared to SBuilderX? The latter seems to do the very same thing, i.e. get images and maps from the same sources, plus Ask, and at all the zoom levels. But, SBuilderX is free and integrates the custom texture creation functions and all the other scenery design functions.AllAllsoft.com shows an image of Paris at zoom 18 - here is Paris in SBuilderX at the same zoom level:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187526.jpgIt is always nice to have a choice, though.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis.Not all designers are building terrain for FSX. The older versions are constrained by LOD8 as a cell.SBuilderX doesn't allow you to select a specific lat-long, or cell, for an image... just what's in the viewport. The Allallsoft programs are great for making backgrounds for Ground2K or even GIS applications.Dick