Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Landclass change not reflected in the "earth" image

I noticed that, as I am making small adjustments in the landclass coverage, the changes are not reflected in the "earth" image, when you zoom out drastically and the Earth globe becomes apparent. It seems that the globe is covered with texture that is derived from landclass info (not the satellite imagery is was the case in FS9) because that coverage varies with seasons... however, modifying landclass does NOT alter the "far-away" landscape. Any idea where this coverage is located and what needs to be done to modify it so that the landclass change is also visible on it?

P3D SpacePort Team

Hello Misho, The image of the ground for the entire planet is derived from the low resolution NASA images (what were they called? the "Blue Marble"?). They are contained in the image_globe files and cover LODs 1 through 6, I seem to remember. The guys at ACES, the artists I assume, must have created the seasonal variants.Your land class files will not display at those LOD levels.You could create replacement custom textures at those LOD levels, but the default is supposedly the real thing, so is there really any advantage?Best regards.Luis

Thanks Luis! that makes perfect sense!!! I was actually more concerned about adding a layer for weather (there is always absolutely clear weather all the time ;) ), but that seems almost impossible, since they weren't created on the fly...

P3D SpacePort Team

>Hello Misho, >>The image of the ground for the entire planet is derived from>the low resolution NASA images (what were they called? the>"Blue Marble"?). They are contained in the image_globe files>and cover LODs 1 through 6, I seem to remember. The guys at>ACES, the artists I assume, must have created the seasonal>variants.>>Your land class files will not display at those LOD levels.>>You could create replacement custom textures at those LOD>levels, but the default is supposedly the real thing, so is>there really any advantage?>>Best regards.>>LuisFor FSX the image_globe files were composited from the game (including seasonal variations). They are NOT Blue Marble.-Doug