Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Inclined Traffic

Hi,In FSX, how would I go about making traffic go over a highway?My overpass will be an object and I want for cars to be able to go over it, not pass though like it does now.Also, when I show background with satellite image, it is off a little, is there a way to line it properly?Thanks!Marc PMontreal, CanadaCAE

Hello Marc,The traffic part of your object should be hardened by attaching a platform using the Attach tool in GMax or 3D Studio Max.Alternatively, you can use an extrusion bridge for the overpass - there is a tutorial on this in the Avsim library.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,What's the name of the tutorial?And also, do extrusion bridges can have traffic in them?I would like to update my PR project to have traffic in the Moscoso Bridge.JP

Hola Jay,How is everything in cold New York?Please try illustrated_guide_to_extrusion_bridges.zip at:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=115428http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187817.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187815.jpgTraffic will pass over the bridge, and they can also be used for overpasses and such.Best regards.Luis

Thanks Luis!The weather @NYC is beautiful this weekend and with the Pope around, is kinda hectic!.I used a road shapefile to create the Moscoso Bridge in PR. I didn't know that we could used XML to create them as well. Good stuff!JP

Guest reignman40

You can also create the bridges with FSX_KML.

Do you mean a tutorial on how to harden surfaces? If so, just follow the simple instructions concerning the Attach Tool in the Modeling SDK:PlatformA platform is a piece of geometry that an aircraft can land on. By default all objects have crash boxes associated with them. Designating an object as a platform will make it landable as well as remove crash boxes from an area around that object (based on the crash box size used in XtoMDL). Use the drop down list to determine the surface type of the platform (for example: Concrete, Grass, Tarmac, etc.)Platforms are also used for bridges created as scenery objects (that is, not for extrusion bridges, which are explained in Compiling BGL). A road bridge over water, for example, should have a platform that matches the route of the cars over the bridge, otherwise they will drop down and cross the water. Best regards.Luis