Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

FSMETEO Crashing - Just Started Today

Guest Murf

Hi folks,Anyone else having a problem with FSMETEO today. It has been crashing during the stage where it is processing winds. When it does not crash the attached screen shot shows the strange data for the winds aloft.I'd like to know if this is a problem with my setup or with the data on the server.Any help would be appreciated.- Murf

I've been having problems also. I'm using the "Download Weather without FS and Exit" option. It downloads the metars ok, but then hangs about halfway through the winds download.I'm running Windows XP. If you get any information on this, I'd appreciate hearing back from you. I contacted Marc Philbert. He suggested I delete the FSMeteo ini file and try again. Unfortunately that didn't work.Thanks.

Yup, same thing happening to me starting today (actually this evening, EDT). Hangs when trying to download the winds.Running on Win ME with a Dell system. This the first problem I've had in many many days of using FSMETEO.Hoping just a temporary glitch.Kevin

Guest lawyerpilot

Fortunately, I have not any problems with it thus far. However, yesterday, for the first time, the sim began to slow down to about 1/2 frame per second as it was downloading winds. I narrowly averted a crash on three separate occassions by simply ending FSMETEO with the task manager. The sim was then ok. I really like the program, and frankly, I have chosen to use it over the $25 flightmax that is not compatible with it, although the latter is really useful. It's a shame. P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

It seems as if the timing, with problems just beginning today, would suggest that the server from which we are downloading is to blame. It is highly unlikely that there is a FSMETEO virus! Hah! Hopefully, the server is just processing the data incorrectly on a temporary basis.But, please keep the forum posted!!!P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest Murf

I received an email back from Marc this morning (Very quick response). He said the problem was with the data on the server and he corrected it last night. I'm at work now so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.I hope it's fixed FSMETEO is an excellent product and has added greatly to my enjoyment of the flight sim.- Murf

Guest lawyerpilot

Thanks for checking that out Murf!!P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Hey Murf! I just read your post after spending 20 minutes writing up an e-mail for Marc. Oh well. At least it wasn't my system that was messed up. Am I a fanatic or what, I spent most of today at work going over possibilities as to what may have caused FS Meteo to start screwing up and what I was gonna try to fix it. You ALL know how it is, work is just an interuption to flying!!Eric

Eric 

Guest Murf

>Hey Murf! I just read your post after spending 20 minutes >writing up an e-mail for Marc. Oh well. At least it wasn't >my system that was messed up. Am I a fanatic or what, I >spent most of today at work going over possibilities as to >what may have caused FS Meteo to start screwing up and what >I was gonna try to fix it. You ALL know how it is, work is >just an interuption to flying!! >>>Eric ROFL! I have done the same thing! In fact I'm writing this from work now. :)-Murf

For someone fairly new to this sim, what is this FSMeteo? I assume it downloads weather? But, where does one find it? How much? Why use it?THanks

Lowell;I just(yesterday) got my copy of FS Meteo and I love it. I flew 2 short flights-JFK to Boston Logan and back to try it out and it was amazing. I am now on a cross country flight from LA to JFK and to watch the weather change as I fly is unbelievable. It does help if you have cable or ISDN so that the weather is updated as you fly but, that is not mandatory. It cost US $25 for the FS Meteo program and $15 more if you want a weather display gauge that keeps you updated as you fly. I got both but, I see that the gauge is a FPS eater so I don't keep it open. I just open it when I want an update as to what weather station it is using and the data it is giving. I also have FSFlightMax and can't wait for that to be updated to work with FS Meteo.I recommend you at least go to the web site and check it out. The address is www.fsmeteo.comRichardS