Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Airport Design Editor Update

We have just released a new update for ADE. This will update either version 1.20 or version 1.22 to the latest version 1.25In addition to a number of bug fixes and other enhancements version 1.25 provides several new functions including:Partial automation of the Cross Wind Runway technique pioneered by Jim Vile; Sloping Terrain Polygons that allow sloped flattens to be created; Change Airport Altitude that generates the required pre load bgl file and also updates all the necessary elements at the airport automatically; A 'wizard' to make designing taxi signs much easier; and enhanced tool tips for taxisigns and library objects that show a visual of the sign or object(where available). The updater is available here on AVSIM or via the online updater in ADE.

I used the Poly exclude Autogen using ADE. But It stillleaves many of the buildings at the airport intack. How do I exclude the Airport hangars and stuff?BTW.. I like this tool very much. Thanks for this amazing tool.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>I used the Poly exclude Autogen using ADE. But It >stillleaves many of the buildings at the airport intack. >>How do I exclude the Airport hangars and stuff?>>BTW.. I like this tool very much. Thanks for this amazing>tool.>>Manny>>In ADE select the object or generic building that you want to get rid of and then just delete it. What you see in ADE is what you get in FSX (assuming that the scenery complexity settings are the same in both) so if you remove an object or building from the ADE display then it should also be gone in FSX.

>>I used the Poly exclude Autogen using ADE. But It >>stillleaves many of the buildings at the airport intack. >>>>How do I exclude the Airport hangars and stuff?>>>>BTW.. I like this tool very much. Thanks for this amazing>>tool.>>>>Manny>>>>>>In ADE select the object or generic building that you want to>get rid of and then just delete it. What you see in ADE is>what you get in FSX (assuming that the scenery complexity>settings are the same in both) so if you remove an object or>building from the ADE display then it should also be gone in>FSX.>Jon,When I select the default airport, I see the buildings in the ADE tool. However, when I selected the Megascenery airport bgl I do not see any of the buldings in their AFCAD bgl file. They are probably using agn file. Not sure which oine so I can delete it.So I tried creating an exclude rectangle But even that is not working.To exclude Buildings around 52F ????I don't believe this is autogen. They are autogen buildings placed in agn files I suspect.My coordinates are.. rough rectangle coordinates are.Upper Left corner N33* 3.38'W97* 14.21'Upper Right cornerN33 3.39'W97* 13.30Lower Left CornerN33* 1.97'W97* 14.33'Lower Right corner (South East)N33* 2.27'W97* 13.56This is roughly a rectangular around 52F (North west regional airport near Fort Worth Alliance Airport of Texas)ThanksManny<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>It compiled good.But that does not seem to work. I still see the buildings.

Manny

If you are loading a non stock bgl file then you need to load the stock data to it. you can do this from Tools > Load Stock Data. This should find the objects and buildings that are associated with the airport. You should then be able to delete them. There is always some risk when loading non stock airports because we do not know what the designer has done in detail. Maybe they have added their own exclusions or objects. If Loading Stock Data manually does not work then I would be happy to take a look at thingsGenerally there should no be autogen on the airport itself. The Airport Background Flatten/Exclude should take care of that.

Interesting, Jon. I tried that method - select the object and delete. Then, I took apart the bgl with your decompiler and got this: I was trying to delete taxiway signs and generic buildings and they all gave me these exclusion flags, except one instance where EffectObjects was True.Best regards.Luis

Jon,Two things.1. By brining in Stock Data, it brings in some of the buildings from the stock not all. Cause< when i deleted all the buildings It still leaves many of the stock buildingssecond these stock buildings are now being added to the megascenery airport buildings>its not your tool thats the issue here> its the fact that the fsx xml exclude is not able to exclude megascnery buildings in the locationmanny

Manny

LuisAre you saying that the exclusion rectangles are not working? Did the building get deleted? or are you just looking into the bgl file to see what ADE is doing?The best way to see what ADE is doing is to turn on the 'Save XML After Compile' option in Settings. The Xml is then saved in the same folder as the bgl file. This is an example of what gets generated by ADE and the decompiled code using SDE is the same.I tried it both ways loading a stock airport directly and compiling and also re-loading stock data. Of course we can't guarantee what might be present in the code if a third party bgl file is loaded into ADE and then stock data loaded onto that.

>1. By brining in Stock Data, it brings in some of the>buildings from the stock not all. Cause< when i deleted all>the buildings It still leaves many of the stock buildingsYou must set the scenery complexity value in ADE (Drop down box on the menu bar) to Extremely Dense. This is the only way to be sure that you are seeing all stock buildings in ADE. So far we have not had any case where stock items are missed by the load process but if you have set scenery complexity to extremely dense and are still getting stock objects and buildings in FSX that are not in ADE then I would ask that you tell me which airport. Also be aware that addon scenery can add all sorts of buildings.>second these stock buildings are now being added to the>megascenery airport buildings>>>its not your tool thats the issue here> its the fact that the>fsx xml exclude is not able to exclude megascnery buildings in>the locationADE is only going to remove stock objects and buildings. If you are trying to remove add on scenery objects then at the moment ADE is not going to help you

Hi, If you check back in this forum, you will find that I have the same prob. ADE will show that the objects are excluded, but they still show up in FSX, I have tried everything, Thanks

>Hi, If you check back in this forum, you will find that I>have the same prob. ADE will show that the objects are>excluded, but they still show up in FSX, I have tried>everything, ThanksUnfortunately we have never been able to replicate your problem

OK. I got rid of the buildings when I created an exclusion Rectangle for a larger area. I saw some other threads discussing this same issue.Manny

Manny