Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

API macros and Instant Scenery

Guest JollyRoger

Hi folks!Is it possible to place .api macros (downloaded scenery objects from the AVSIM library) in FS9 using Instant Scenery?I found some hints on how to convert manually .api to .bgl but sounds pretty complicated... any auto converter available?And finally: Does anyone know a good tutorial (= step by step) explaining how to create dynamic scenery (i.e. moving service trucks on airports)?Thanx for help!J.R.

Arno has produced a tool called ModelConverterX http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87That should convert api macros to mdl format. Having said that you would then need to put the resultant mdl files into an object library bgl before using them. I think Instant scenery has a tool to do that. Having said that there are many thousands of objects in object libraries available for FS9 so maybe you can find what you want without having to convert the older api macros

Guest JollyRoger

Hi,Great tool, just what I need. Many thanx for the link.J.R.

Thanks for asking this question again. I asked about the a long time ago and was told there was no way of doing this.Thanks to Arno for his work on this. There are some API macros esp. military vehicles and such that I always wanted to convert. I know how to compile into a bgl library so that part will be easy.thanksBryan Wallisfltsimguy

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3