Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

FSX Water rise over cliff

Guest codvir

Hi All,I am using Sbuilder.I Used AB_FLATTEN_EXLUDE_AUTOGEN tag to make my airport flat and the airport is near the edges of a cliff (see the pictures).the problem is when I am near the aiport everything looks ok but when I am starting to fly away from the airport water start to rise over the cliff.I have not idea what is the problem and how to solve it.anyone please???Thanks

Are the 'cliffs' produced as a result of your airport flatten? If so that FSX is trying to blend the airport level to the water level and I wonder if that causes the climbing water? One method that might work is to create some sloping polygons from the airport background level down to the water level.

A flatten close to the coast will always raise the water also. There is no way around it. The original terrain.cfg file provides a solution in that a rock texture is displayed on that sloping water.However, as distance increases, so does resolution diminish, and the rock texture displays smaller MIP maps, thus revealing more of the water texture. No way around this at the moment.The best solution would be for flattens to not affect coastal waters, but in the meantime, you can either extend the coast out away from the flatten, and lose accuracy, or make the flatten smaller so that it does not come so close to the water, or live with the problem.Best regards.Luis