Sign in to follow this  
meshman

Background Image offset

Hi,In SBuilderX I want to modify terrain and have notices that when I load the background image, it is slightly offset. For example, if I set a building at the corner of two intersecting roads, it is not positionned at the corner but in the middle of the intersection. Is there a way of calculating the background offset to re-align the background exactly?Thanks!Marc P

Guest luissa

Hello,If someone designs, say a square building, it is almost certain that the origin of the building will be the geometric center of the building. But you could, for example, define the origin of your model to be one corner of the object. When you "place" an object, the "origin" of your model will be positioned in the world location that you specify.It seems to me that you generate a photo scenery based on the background image that you refer to and that you also place an object using that image as a template. If that is the case and if your object appears in a different position in the sim, then the "origin" of the object is not its geometric center.Hope that I am right,Luis

Hi,That was taken into consideration. What I was actually doing was lowering terrain where there is a quarry in my neighbourhood. The poly is lined up with it on the background, when I go in FSX, the highway that passes right next to this quarry is right in the big hole. The image really is offset.......

Is this what you're describing;You use SBX to obtain a background image from one of the satellite services,You place an object based upon the satellite image, as you say at an intersection of two roads,You check in FSX and the object placed isn't at the intersection, but in the intersection?How great of a differential are you seeing distance wise?