Sign in to follow this  
Manny

SBuilder Q - How to create BGL without Project?

I have the bmp, tif and the inf file done. But I do not have a project.How can I manually compile (either making a project in SBuilder or outside SBuilder X) but without downloading and recreating the bmp since I have trouble re downloading the photo textures.Thanks for any help.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hello Manny,if you have the inf file and the source file (bmp, tif, etc.) then you just need to make sure your folder structure given in the inf file matches your working folder and then drag-and-drop the inf file onto resample.exe.I usually have a working folder, say, "orthophoto", in which I place a copy of resample.exe and tmfviewer.exe (for checking the results you can drag the bgl file onto tmfviewer). I also have "SourceData" and "Output" subfolders as used in the Terrain SDK examples, though you can keep source and output in the same root folder too. In case resample fails you can either run it in an open DOS command window or use a batch file that includes a command to write error messages into a text file.Following the SDK examples might help you understand the compilation process though it really is quite simple.Good luck with your project!Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger.That seems to work!:)Mnny

Manny

It's not necessary to have a Project named in SBX to make a photo BGL. Start SBX, New Project. Then File | Add map... | From Disk. As long as the BMP file has a corresponding TXT file with coordinate data it will load. Select | All Maps and then Compile. Bingo, new BGL.The process will generate a new INF file, so it's prudent to watch naming conflicts and the SBX INF file will not reflect any changes made to a tweaked INF file.

Thanks Meshman.Manny

Manny