Sign in to follow this  
arno

FSX Gamepack... where is it in SDK?

Guest Wantok

I am a scenery design newbee who is trying to create sceneries from scratch (i.e. creating objects, airports, textures, mesh, etc). I am at the "tutorial" stages or outset of understanding the basics of scenery design. The tools I've got "ready" to start designing includes gmax 1.2, sbuilderX, adobe photoshop cs3, various photographs, FSX Object Placement Tool (activated), downloaded SDK updates from microsoft (I already installed SDK from my Deluxe CD), and downloaded numerous tutorials from godzone and scruffyduck sites.In addition to the above, kindly add other tools or programs that are MUST-HAVEs to effectively start designing.In addition to these, I need to know where I can locate the FSX gamepack within the SDK to copy over to gmax. Please point me in the right direction.Thanks a ton.Wantok:-hmmm

Guest Wantok

Toprob,Thank you indeed for your kind assistance, I found it. I must be getting old, how could I have missed that.By the way, do you reckon I have all the right tools/programs above to start my scenery design? I have no technical experience in programing but I've been reading alot, including frequent visits to your website and others to grasp the basics.CheersWantok

Guest Wantok

That would be a great start for me, Michael. Thanks indeed for the heads up.Wantok

Hi,It depends a lot on what kind of scenery you want to make. If you want to make 3D objects and place them in the FS world, I think you have most tools you need. If you want to do other tasks like updating the terrain you should be able to get started with SBuilderX. But if you want to design an airport, you will need a tool like ADE or FSX Planner as well.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog