Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FSX Fence and Alphachannel!

OK.. I am back here again with another problem. I have spent the whole day today trying to get this thing to work. I even searched FSDevelopers.com and read though like 20 threads on this same subject and I think I have tried them all and I still am not getting a see through fence with Transparent texture.I get a sold black instead of transparency.I created a simple fence like object and applied a material with id with (***trans***) in it. Yeah..I found a thread that said I need to have a material Id where it has the word "trans" in it somewhere.I have a fence texture with proper Alpha channel using Photoshop.I used Image tool and converted it to DX3 and saved it as bmp (Tried dds too). The alpha shows up in Image tool.But I still don't see the transparency in flight sim XAny ideas? Thanks in advance.MannyWhat is the simple step by step instructions to get this done?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190037.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny, I assume you are using gmax, if so, you need to set the texture to have transparent properties in the material editor for FSX.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Ah.. Hi MichaelThanks mate..Let me try that.:)MannyEdited to add: Yes..Yes..yes. That did it. :) :) :) :) :)Phew!Thanks Mike!Manny

Manny

No prob Manny, glad it helped. You still working on the local airport?Another option for fences is ADE (FSX AFCAD program) that lets you add fences to any airport, found it easier than doing it with objects.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

My new fence looks good. No more missing stuff behind the fence. :)Thanks Mike!newfence.jpgWell..I need small wire fences and some picket fences. Yeah..I think I am almost done with my scenery..But I want to fix little things. Even this..I already had a fence. But some objects behind the fence were not seen. So I need to get that fixed. So little things like that. I am also in a hurry to get things done...so I get sloppy with my texture application. So I have to go back and redo them a bit. :)But I think I am getting tired..so I may wind this thing down and upload it pretty soon.The only big item still remaining is the reverse thermal that I want to introduce for this airport. I am told I can use a mission (but saved as regular flight) to get the thermals.. I need to research that a bit. Some more learning curve ahead.:)Manny

Manny