Sign in to follow this  

Latest GF3 and GF4TI Tweaking and Driver info...

Guest PaulL01

Just Updated info on tweaking the GF4TI and GF3 cards for the best image quality for FS.This does not work for GF4MX cards. If you are looking for image quality, I recommend GTU as it is generally kept up to date and there is a version that will work with your drivers. Go here and look in the beta section as you will need that version (latest beta):http://www.guru3d.com/geforcetweakutility/ Be aware, adjustments resulting in better image quality will almost always result in decreasing performance. But that

Excellent post, Paul. Lots of good information.say- I have a G3-200Ti, on WinXP, is there any magic "best" driver, I see many for Win 2000/XP listed. Is newest always best? (for FS2002, of course!).Thanks,Bruce.

Guest PaulL01

>Excellent post, Paul. Lots of good information. >>say- I have a G3-200Ti, on WinXP, is there any magic "best" >driver, I see many for Win 2000/XP listed. Is newest always >best? (for FS2002, of course!). >>Thanks, >>Bruce.Thanks for the kind remarks Bruce,Re-read the part near the bottom where different drivers where compared.And to answer the last part of your question: No newer is not always better. Driver development for GF3 cards pretty much ended with the 23.11s.Take CarePaul

Thanks Paul, I must have missed the comparison. Sounds like the 23.11 drivers might be a good place to start with my G3 Ti200.Bruce.

Guest WorkingStiff

<>Paul,I just checked the official nVidia driver archives and the 23.11 are not shown as WHQL certified for any operating systems. The last WHQL Certified drivers shown on nVidia's website are 21.83 and 28.32.

Guest PaulL01

The 23.11s that I have listed and have linked above in the main post are driver version 4.13.01.2311 And as far as have known were WHQL when released in November 2001. The 23.11s that are available and listed on Nvidia's site are version 6.13.10.2311 as released in December 2001. As far as I am aware can not be WHQL as they are a much trimmed down version at only 2mb compared to the original 6.5mb version. This smaller version have been and continue to be recommended on the main drivers page for all OS's from Nvidia's main site: Nvidia.com But only as support for Stereo 3D glasses. I do not suggest these as I have not used them nor are they the ones that were tested as per the link.Just to be clear, the 23.11's that I have linked above are the driver to use, but if your not sure what to use just have a look at the other drivers listing in the top performance chart as described in the bottom of the page from the driver comparison link.Take Care.Paul

Hi PaulAs a geforce 2 gts user I was planning to Upgrade to a geforce 3 t1200.My main reason is to be able to use higher levels of anisotropic filtering, I,m stuck at 16 tap and I know there is a nice visual improvement in going up to 32tap.Just wondering what are the FPS difference from 16 tap to 32 tap in the Geforce 3 cards?.The other nice improvment would be AA, ATM I can use level 2 AA without much FPS hit but I then get the "PATCHY" 2d cockpit so have to bump the depth upto 32 bit to correct this Which Hits the FPS hard.How does the Geforce 3 handle AA at 32 bit colour?.All the best JohnAthlon 1.4512 cas 2 133 ramGeforce 2 GTSSblive XP professional