Sign in to follow this  
arno

Editing existing airport help

Guest retard_retard_retard

Hi, let me start by saying that i have zero experience doing any scenery design for flight sim. The reason i'm looking for some help is that there's a few things about me home airport that i'd love to change to make it more true to life and hoped i may find some help here. The airport in question is Edinburgh EGPH. i have the brilliant UK2000 xtreme scenery for EGPH installed which is almost perfect in it's recreation, although theres a couple of things on the airport boundary that i would like to add.First thing, is at the very end of runway 06, sitting just outside the boundary of the airfield, a trainline crosses the path of the runway. While the line itself is modeled thanks to Ultimate terrain europe the raised embankment that it lies on is not.the embankment is probably 30 feet high with sloping sides so as you roll down runway 06 it is very visible. Not having this in the sim detracts from the realism for me quite a bit. Could anybody offer advice on how to add this embankment in, be it by editing the mesh or another method? I have the 19m UK mesh installed already(although it isn't accurate enough to pick this up)Secondly, along the northern fence of the airfield and again just outside the boundary, there are quite a lot of trees that run most of the length of the fence. In the sim at the moment there are only a few dotted here and there. How might i add more in to my liking?Dont mind if i have to buy some design programs.Help appreciated, Thanks!

Guest retard_retard_retard

Sorry should have said...............it's FS9.

Hi,To place some extra trees I would try an object placement tool like Rwy12, ObPlacer XML or EZ Scenery. All of them allows you to place extra trees from libraries available.To get the rail higher is more difficult. As you already said mesh resolution is not good enough for that. So I would make that by adding a 3D model for that detail. But that would mean you have to make that model yourself, with a tool like GMax or FSDS. That can have some learning curve to it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog