Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco Corrias

FS .XML DTD Schema

I guess the question is why you would want to edit it? BglComp.xsd (I assume that is the one you are referring to) works with BglComp so changing it could stop the compiler working. In any case if you wanted to change it any good xml editor would work or you can even use Notepad.exe

I believe there were some errors in the FS9 BglComp.xsd, scan the forums here.You can edit it with Notepad.George

Hi,I downloaded the new sdk as you suggested.I edited the Schema but the only progress is that now the compiler accept the .xml but when you open FS9 you find that things are the same.I need to have the Waypoints names compiled with 6 characters(FS9 allows until now, only 5 characters)because the Atlantic waypoints are compiled in the realty with their geographic positionExample:N50W30.Maybe I wasn't able to edit the schema properly but the only difference I found is the .xml file accepted but not compiled.Thanks for your replies.

>Hi,>I downloaded the new sdk as you suggested.I edited the Schema>but the only progress is that now the compiler accept the .xml>but when you open FS9 you find that things are the same.>I need to have the Waypoints names compiled with 6>characters(FS9 allows until now, only 5 characters)because the>Atlantic waypoints are compiled in the realty with their>geographic position>Example:N50W30.>Maybe I wasn't able to edit the schema properly but the only>difference I found is the .xml file accepted but not>compiled.>Thanks for your replies.>You problem is most likely a limitation in the compiler itself plus it may well be that FS would CTD even if you got the compiler to accept your changes. The five character limitation also exists in FSX and the way the name is stored in the bgl file may not have room for the sixth character in any case