Sign in to follow this  
concordeba

Thames Reach Airport. Heathrow's Replacement.

Hello Guys,I am going to create a planed/idea airport called Cliffe Airport.Details:The airport functions are laid out on a 14 x 4 unit square 480m grid,The site accommodates 2No. 4.32km (9 x 480m) runways with a 1.62km infield (centreline tocentreline of main runways) and the optional addition of 2No. close-parallel 2.4km (5 x 480)runways 480m from the centrelines of the main runways, if required.The main runways provide four pairs of take-off and landing zones to reduce aircraft groundmovements. A long runway version with 5.76km (12 x 480) long main runways could providetake-off and landing zones either side of the centreline i.e. a minimum available runway length of 2880m (6 x 480) in each direction.5 Runway's in total as Planned.2 Short2 Longand 1 super Long and wide for Cargo and X-Wind Landing + night ops.6 Satellite's connected to one Main Building.It has one Cargo terminal and multiple Hangars for Hub Airlines like British Airways, Easy Jet, Virgin and BMI.I am using documents provided by the DFTS SERA, CAA and NATS to create the airport. With a bit of imagination i could include lots of other fancy stuff.Cliffe. An onshore site on the Hoo Peninsula in North Kent, included by DfT in the consultation on airport development in the South East. The proposal was for up to four runways arranged in two east-west close parallel pairs, with a possible fifth runway on a different alignment, which might be used only at night and in particular weather conditions. Most of the Airport i will Construct by myself and Learn about Designing scenery but some parts i may ask others to help like create simple buildings and modern Terminal and Hangars.Software i possibly needs for this venture.To Create the Taxiways, Runway and aprons.To extend the English Soil a bit onto the Thames Estuary for the East west and North westerly/South easterly Night Runway.To Remove and Add Trees for a Environmental Look.Software to create Hangars, Docks, and buildings + Terminals.Add Roads and Train Tracks.Any Ideas on what too use and any guides?Anyone have any ideas on software?My First stage will be too flatten and extend the land a little bit.6jhzkx.pngAs you see the Runway run over the edge of the current land created in Flight simulator. In flight simulator it's water in Real world it's marshes so i will need something to flatten out the land and then extend it as shown in the image above.Any Guides and free software to do that.I have an idea on what doing for this Airport but first i must create it and i have all summer to do this smile.gifRegards,Robbie

Regards,
Robbie
Qualified Private Pilot - Check out my YouTube channel!  

The Grandad V2 - Prepar3D v4.5 HF2 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) | Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition | Intel i7 8700K 4.7GhZ  | Corsair H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler  | nVidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC GDDR5X | Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 RAM | 2x KIngston  240GB HyperX 3K SSD | 2TB WD  Ext SSD | Windows 10 Build 1903 Corsair RM Series 750X '80 + Gold' 750W Modular PSU | Windows 10 Build 19042