Sign in to follow this  
Guest ps76

AutoAsm - Vtp Shorelines not showing (Fs9)(?)

Guest ps76

Hi,Have been using AutoAsm recently with Slartibartfast to try to make some "fixed" terrain (coastlines and lakes) to go with some Lod 7 mesh I had made of Alaska. Have found AutoAsm to be great for making flat lakes at roughly the correct elevation automatically but for some reason although the VTP Bgl file is made and shows up in LWMViewer they coastlines for the lakes never show up in flight simulator. Have tried:different layer numbers for the line typedifferent textures for the line typelabelling just Vtp instead of both for the line typecopying the line type (width, texture layer etc.) from the one in "demo" or "island" demosusing the "image edges(?)" tool (with land at pixel 0,0) (I have done the repair image and search/fix so that the image gets green with no errors for processing ok also)Just wondering if there's anything else I might try. When I process the demos (demo, island etc.) the shorelines show up fine but for some reason everything I try with my lakes file produces a VTP file which shows nothing (have tried even using roads etc. just to try to get anything to show from my lake lines bgl but no luck so far). The only thing I can think of now is maybe the area is too large (the bmp is 6000x4532pixels and covers a LOD5 cell) but the amount of polygons is not that large and AutoAsm makes the water polygons with no problem at all.Any help appreciated (although this may be kinda an obscure problem so won't necessarily expect the answer here etc./will keep trying to find what it might be etc. too).Many thanks for any replies/info etc. (if available),Pierre.

Guest ps76

Hi,Just wanted to write managed to fix the problem by dividing the project in two (I guess 2000polygons in one go is too much even for AutoAsm but hopefully all ok now).Apologies for the kinda redundant post (but hope it might still be of help maybe),Pierre.