Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Poles shooting out of the ground

Hi all,In FS9, I have telephone poles coming out right in the middle of the runway at E48 in Texas, so I cannot take off without crashing. I need advice/instructions on how to get rid of them please. FSX does not have this problem at E48 but my system is woefully slow with FSX so I have to stick with FS9 for now. Thanks in advance, Dolph

Ok, I made an exclude file following the instructions at http://www.flightsimworld.com/kb/idx.php/0...clude-Zone.htmland it works for everything EXCEPT the darn poles. So I take it there is nothing that can be done except buy a new PC, perhaps a Silicon Graphics workstation equivalent to run FSX eh? My quad core isn't enough.Can I perhaps remove a file from a folder that removes the poles completely? If so, which file would that be? Will it cause other wierdness/crashness?Thanks in advance,Dolph

Hello Dolph,I am very sorry not to have answered your question before, but I am usually too busy and have little spare time.The VTP that Dick mentions probably refers to roads. When roads are defective, they place light poles throughout the scenery, instead of along the roadside. Dick most likely took a look at the de-compiled code and saw the defective roads for that area, thus his comments.There are a few possible solutions:1. De-compile the default file and fix the code. However, those files contain a lot of code for very many roads, and it is tedious to go through it all. Or,2. Exclude the damaged road(s), thus removing the source of the trouble.Probably your exclusion is not the right kind, and you are using the type of exclusion for objects, not terrain elements. Here is an exclusion that removes a few of the roads surrounding the airport, and therefore gets rid of the light poles on, and surrounding, the runway.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194698.zipIdeally, I could have drawn in new roads to replace the defective default roads; please forgive me, as I just did not have the time. Perhaps in the future, I shall be able to do that, and would post them here if I get around to it.Best regards.Luis

Wow, Thank you very much, Luis! It works! And I really don't care much about the roads in the area so don't bother redrawing them for me since you are so short of hobby time.E48 is used only as a start/stop point for an ATR72 route I fly in FS Economy. I have been using the grass strip RWY 15/33 but now I can use the pavement and perhaps place some stuff there including an ILS when I get a chance.I was going to look into how to do this myself. So now that I have your file, I can get by with it but I still want to learn it...I am learning much about this hobby and so far, I have learned to do aircraft repainting, custom wide screen panels, airport tweaks (thanks to RWY12) and custom traffic. No aircraft design yet but perhaps someday.Thanks again,Dolph