Sign in to follow this  

UK Mesh 2.0 - Visual Flight

I find the quality and depiction of UK elevations to be accurately portrayed by this mesh!This should end any confusion as to which mesh to get.Nothing is more frustrating than have the area where you live, missing that hill you see out of your window.I went to Glasson Dock, looked north towards the lake district and it matched a real life photograph I took at the same spot!Nice work.For those wishing to know how this was done, I have a theory.Teams of drivers and walking companions, equipped with GPS units, networked via wireless laptops to the company dual processor server, drove every road from Lands End to John O'Groats. The walkers took every walkway and trail. Samples were taken every second from vehicular traffic and every minute from the walkers. The raw data was then adjusted to fit the FS world coordinates.:-outta

Well I took the coward's way out and waited for what you were going to say before buying the scenery. I have to say that I'm very pleased - hills, mountains and bumps poke out of the world as they should - there's even cliffs there where they should be. In conjunction with the new land class files which remove the repeated tiling effect of the default scenery the whole landscape comes alive. I can't comment one way or the other on accuracy (although the places I'm familiar with look right) - but it certainly looks a lot nicer!Have funFinn