Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grayal

Land Class Sceneries

I have a question about the several land class add on sceneries. Do they require the shareware Land Class Program to be seen, or are they stand alone in the manner of other add on scenery enhancements? btw, I have downloaded and installed some of the land class add ons, and I think they look great...and may have just answered my own question...But, I wanted to be sure that I am doing everything right to get the best look possible. Thanks!Sherman KaplanHighland Park Il

The BGL files you are getting just work fine without any other add-on. There are alternatives about how to install them. Check my web page.

>The BGL files you are getting just work fine without any >other add-on. There are alternatives about how to install >them. Check my web page. Thanks, Orlando....I actually do install them elsewhere outside of the FS2k2 folder...and they really look great. Keep up the good work.Sherm

Orlando,I visited your website and read your landclass docs.However they are more related to us data.I want to try a land cover for a city only based on siple maps and aerial photos without altering elevation data.How should I proceed?As far as I remember there was a problem with coastlines appearing as squares.Is it resolved?many thanks in advance,Biber

You have to be aware that you can't make a land cover for an area that is not LOD of 5 in size. That's a big area. There are other sources of land cover data for the globe. I would have to take some time to explain the procedure of making that data usable in a similar way as the NLCD data, time that I don't have right now. But it's not really so hard to figure out how to use it. Here's a link to global land cover data:http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/glcc/glcc.htmlI'm not sure I remember what the coastline problem is. As long as the land cover is the right size (LOD of 5 area) and the installation is done right, this shouldn't be a problem. One tip is not to use water textures in the land cover replacement BGL. And make sure land cover textures extend all the way to the shore lines.

Guest Grayal

anyone know how i can get the landclass assistant to work with WINXP???? the compatibility mode thing didnt work at all