Sign in to follow this  

Attention Scenery Designers...

I will pay someone to design accurate mesh scenery with appropriate items and landmarks of the Albuquerque area. That would include the mountains, mesas, animated Tram (longest single unsupported span in the world), ski slopes and chair lifts on the back side of the Sandia Mountains, parking lot, buildings, antenna farm and observation platform on Sandia Crest, the towns of Cedar Crest, etc. on the east side of the Sandias, Kiwanis cabin and Kiwanis Meadow between the Crest and the Summit on the Sandias, Kirtland Air Force Base, etc. There is a treasure trove of scenery types and land marks in this area. A good scenery designer could go wild with it!I'm not interested in another simple mesh scenery that puts roads and building tiles in wilderness areas, etc. If it's accurate and well done, I'd like to buy it.Anyone interested?Thanks.Dewey

That would take a team of ten about eight months to do after you obtain about a thousand digital pictures needed to make all the buildings you need. 10 metre DEM data and 1 metre aerial photos of the area would also be needed.How much you willing to pay?And what if you don't like it when it's done?http://members.rogers.com/jkanold/jimlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Jim, as you may know, there are a lot of talented folks out there making highly detailed scenery areas. They don't mention how many man/months or how many photos were required, and they don't even charge for thier masterpieces. The only difference here is that I'm requesting a specific area, and offering to buy the scenery if it's accurate and well done.As to your questions; "how much you willing to pay", and "what if you don't like it", let's see if we can figure that out together.I'm willing to pay what other "commercial" enterprises are charging for highly detailed scenery areas. As to the "what if you don't like it" question, let me ask you a couple of questions.If it's accurate and well done, why wouldn't I like it?If it isn't, why would I want it? Isn't that the same issue with any scenery, or plane, or anything else? If you like it, you buy it or download it, as the case may be. If you don't, you don't.Have a good one, Jim.Dewey

I understandThen the business factor comes to the fore, how many units can the designer expect to sell? Will that cover the investment in going to the area to get the information?